As a result of the ongoing development at the ISPCA, we are recruiting for an Animal Care Assistant based on a full-time asual contract, at the ISPCA National Animal Centre, Keenagh, Co. Longford N39X 257.
Animal Care Assistant (Longford)
- Experience caring for and rehabilitating sick, injured and traumatised animals.
- Excellent canine knowledge and animal handling experience required.
- Canine behaviour, evaluation and assessment skills preferable.
- Experience handling felines, small mammals, wildlife and equines desirable.
- Good basic level of education, ideally a third level qualification in a related discipline.
- Keen interest in animal welfare and experience working within the sector.
- Must be proactive, flexible and willing to work on a seven-day rostered system.
- Excellent Interpersonal, organisational and customer service skills necessary.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure, as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Full clean driving licence required to drive a manual vehicle plus a licence to tow a horsebox preferable.
Candidates should apply by emailing a current CV with a covering letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org and quote job reference ID number NAC0324.
A job description is available for download here.
The closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 1st March 2024.
For further information about our work, please visit our website news section here, subscribe to our monthly newsletter here and don't forget to follow us on social media.
The ISPCA is a Registered Charity Number 20008734; CHY 5619