As a result of the ongoing development at the ISPCA, we are recruiting for a full-time Animal Care Assistant at the new Donegal Animal Rehabilitation Centre, Barrack, Ballyare, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal as follows:
ISPCA Animal Care Assistant - Donegal
- Experience caring for and rehabilitating sick, injured and traumatised animals
- Excellent animal handling experience with equines, canines, felines, small mammals required
- Experience working with wildlife an advantage.
- Good basic level of education, ideally a third level qualification in a related discipline.
- Experience working within an animal welfare environment and a keen interest in animal welfare.
- Must be proactive, flexible and willing to work as part of a team based on a 7 day rostered system.
- Excellent communication, organisational, and computer skills required.
- Good customer service skills and experience working with members of the public necessary.
- Full clean driving licence required and licence to tow a horsebox.
Download a copy of the full job description here.
Candidates should apply by emailing a current CV with a covering letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please outline how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the person specification for this role. Please quote reference number DLACA0618 in the subject line of your email.
The closing date for applications is strictly 9am on Wednesday 27th June 2018.
The ISPCA is a registered charity No CHY5619 and are registered with the CRA (Registered Charity Number 2008723).