The Irish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ISPCA) is seeking to recruit an Equine Care Assistant Supervisor at the ISPCA National Animal Centre, Keenagh, Co. Longford.
Candidates must have a sound and practical knowledge of equine welfare.
Whilst the ISPCA has two animal welfare centres located in Longford and Mallow, this position will be based in Longford.
• Minimum of three years experience working with equines, preferably in a welfare environment required.
• Management or supervisory experience necessary.
• Practical farm/pasture management experience needed.
• Relevant equine/agricultural qualifications and/or experience of working within an equine veterinary environment would be an advantage.
• The ability to multi-task and have excellent organisational and communication skills.
• Administration and IT skills required.
• A full clean driver’s licence and experience towing a horsebox is necessary.
This position will be reporting to the ISPCA Centre Manager.
This position is permanent and full-time with a competitive salary which will be dependent on experience and qualifications.
To apply, please submit a current CV and cover letter detailing why you believe you would be suited to this role and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Alternatively you can post your application to: Human Resources, ISPCA Suite 14, Anglesea House, Carysfort Avenue, Blackrock, Co. Dublin.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 5th September 2014.